I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies, so I think this recipe is perfect for anyone! Delicious milk and white chocolate chip cookies dipped in melted chocolate and then drizzled with melted chocolate…. Are you drooling yet?
Ingredients for the cookies:
• 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
• 200g of caster sugar
• 1 Large egg (at room temperature)
• 300g of self-raising flour
• 100g of white chocolate chips
• 100g of milk chocolate chips
Ingredients for the topping:
• 200g of white chocolate (to be melted)
• 200g of milk chocolate (to be melted)
- To begin you want to preheat your oven, 180°C (160 fan) and grab a large flat baking tray. Line it with baking parchment and pop it to the side until you need it.
- In a large bowl, whisk the butter until its light and creamy and then add your sugar in two parts (mixing well between each addition). Crack in the egg and then give it another mix to combine it all.
- Sieve your flour into the mixture in two parts, making sure you mix well each time and it should become nice and thick. Add your chocolate chips into the mix and give it another stir, I find that its better to fold them in because it can get difficult to distribute them evenly throughout the mix.
- Now grab your baking tray and a tablespoon. When your mixture is combined, you’ll want to put a heaped tablespoon of mixture onto the tray for each cookie you want to make, (press it down and flatten it into a circle shape). Make sure you leave a little space between each cookie because they WILL spread! I baked 4 at a time to give plenty of room on the tray and managed to make 12 cookies in total. They will need to be in the oven for about 12 minutes, they might still be soft when they come out of the oven but its okay, they will harden up as they cool.
- When they’re cooled, grab two microwave safe bowls and in each of them put your milk or white chocolate topping. Put them into the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is all melted (stir well each time) and you’re ready to start decorating!
- To decorate mine, I dipped half of the cookie into the melted chocolate, and then used the other flavour of chocolate to drizzle over the top. Once you’re happy with your decoration just pop them in the fridge for 30 mins to set and then they’re ready to serve!
If you use this recipe then please tag me on Instagram or twitter, I can’t wait to see how everyone else decorates theirs. Until the next time, happy baking! Xoxo